International Valuation for Corporate ProfessionalsMay 02, 2016
WTP Advisors and the MNCPA present a two day course: International Valuation for Corporate Professionals, on May 2 and 3.
As companies continue to expand their international activities, mergers, acquisitions and dispositions often require valuation for financial reporting, tax and transfer pricing purposes. At the same time, expansions across borders have significant implications on global intangibles. And with its Base Erosion Profit Shifting (BEPS) initiative, the OECD has released Guidance on Transfer Pricing Aspects of Intangibles. We will provide an overview of valuation, discuss approaches and methods, highlight important differences and similarities between valuation and transfer pricing and review valuation case studies.
At this session, participants will:
- Review the fundamentals of international valuation
- Discuss leading practices on technical issues, including forecasting techniques, control adjustments, tax affecting cash flows and determining discount/capitalization rates
- Learn about the interrelationships between transfer pricing and valuation
- Discuss the differences between valuation for financial reporting versus tax and transfer pricing purposes
- Understand concepts and issues related to the valuation of intangible assets, valuations undertaken for purchase price allocations and preparing for potential litigation
Please register on the MNCPA's site by clicking here.